04 April, 2010

I can't give a professor love!!

Today I finally finished listening to the entire Harry Potter audiobook collection at work, and I was pleasantly surprised. Ever since it came out two years, eight months, three weeks and one day ago, I've only ever read the Deathly Hallows once. As any hardcore Potter fan would, I didn't put it down from the second I got it 'til I finished it, but I never picked it up again after that simply because I really did hate it. But listening to it was a whole different experience.

I can't explain it at all, I can't explain why listening to a book would suddenly make it favourable, but after listening to the whole series I am wondering if the Deathly Hallows isn't now one of my favourites out of the whole lot of them.

Then of course the epilogue happened, the magical Stephen Fry uttered the less-than-magical words "Nineteen Years Later", and I realised that for as long as that epilogue exists, I can never take that book seriously.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 4/10
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows audiobook: 9/10
Harry Potter and the Painfully Dire Epilogue: -/10.

- Break

No comments:

Post a Comment