30 March, 2011

Now we fight like men!

And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! The string of Duodecim posts becomes a hat-trick!


I was going to post something sensible and meaningful about completing the main story mode today, but I guess I might have gotten a little side-tracked, a little excitable ...

HERE BE SPOILERS!



Yes. It happened.

His establishing scenes really are wonderful, and all apart from his voice acting I think he is quite brilliant! I wasn't too sure if he was going to be represented as someone all-powerful and fierce or something more ridiculous and lolzy but really, it could have gone either way.

I am mostly surprised by his gameplay to be honest! I was expecting him to be slow, and I mean slow, like Garland or maybe even Exdeath, but he is much speedier than I thought he would be! Similar to Kain his jumps and vertical range are greater than his ground work or horizontal moves, but this can be easily worked with. He has a great move-range - offering up magic just in case you don't want to take the risk with his ridiculous weaponry - and his EX Burst is a lot of fun regardless of the outcome!

And come on, the guy gets ticker tape when he wins. If that doesn't sell him I don't know what will.

I am still faithful to Kain and I am really looking forward to building him up as my main, but it's going to be a competition between he and Gilgamesh now to see who gets the most of my attention. I need to be returning to the Reports first of all though I suppose.

Ah, such is life in the Interdimensional Rift!

- Break

No comments:

Post a Comment