16 June, 2011

Farewell D'espairsRay



How much does this suck, considering I'm already working on a disbanding post for another band?

D'espairsRay were the first japanese band I saw live in London, and one of the very first I heard at all actually (I still shiver and smile when I hear genshoku). As I've mentioned before I've had a cruelly love/hate relationship with them, but they were still a major, MAJOR part of the music scene. As far as I see it, there are a tiny TINY handful of bands and artists that act as cornerstones in the industry, and D'espairsRay were one of them. A void not to be filled.

They meant a lot to a lot of people. To me, they brought me a group of friends I might never have had before, and gave me a great doorway into a fantastic avenue of visual kei. It sucks like hell to lose them, but my heartfelt gratitude is stronger than my sadness. I just wish the best for all of them after this.

1 comment:

  1. On their gig we met.
    They brought us together.
    Maybe thanks to all the friends they brought together they wull come together as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0c7YVd59sw < a gift

    ReplyDelete