24 March, 2010

The Richard Alpert Party!

Something you might have known had I been doing this longer is that I have a rather enthusiastic love for Richard Alpert (the choice words "rather enthusiastic" can be left open to interpretation). The excitement as soon as I found out the focus of this week's episode of Lost has been virtually tangible around me, and that's not just because it's about the Ageless Wonder - I genuinely believe that this is going to be one of the most important episode we have ever seen on the show. And so I ask this of you: what better way to celebrate than with the first (hopefully more than) annual Richard Alpert Party!

Of course my eagerness for the party wilted a bit when I was asked what exactly a Richard Alpert Party would consist of, but so far I have laid down the basic rules:

Richard Alpert likes to make boats in bottles:



So WE shall have boats in bottles too.



Another very important rule is dress code. We operate on a smart-casual look, but Jacob The Rules do require all sleeves to be long, and subsequently rolled up.



BUT



Do you really want to make Richard Alpert sad? Really? And besides, the man has magical arms, and I trust them to save the Island, and the survivors, and the non-survivors, the sideways timeline, and in fact anything that does or does not need saving.



See?

And as for the final point ...



Well, I'm above the joke.



It's old and childish to boot.



So I'm not going to say another word on the matter.




If you have any more suggestions for the Richard Alpert Party, send them our way! And if not, I'll see you on Friday for Ab Aeterno, and Break Time サワゲ's first review!

- Break

1 comment: